Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Blogger Award


My friend Maria over at Introverted Extrovert gave me this blog award which I suspect is the result of me posting a picture of myself in Bishkek wearing a Kyrgyz hat while running 102+ fever. That alone is award worthy if I do say so myself because it exhibits true bravery, kind of like an Adoption Super Hero. My required "acceptance speech" is to answer the following questions which correspond with each letter of the alphabet (our alphabet, folks - not the Cyrillic alphabet familiar to Kyrgyzstan).
A. Attached or single? Attached since my junior year of high school!!
B. Best friend? Bryan & my Katy Bird
C. Cake or pie? I can't decide so I'll say both. Either my Mom's chocolate cake or Luby's chocolate pie... but I don't eat the crust :)
D. Day of choice? Saturday
E. Essential item? Diet Dr. Pepper
F. Favorite color? Red
G. Gummy bears or worms? Not a huge fan because they require too much chewing, but if forced to pick I'd go with bears. Even eating pretend worms grosses me out.
H. Hometown? Houston
I. Indulgence? Pedicures
J. January or July? July
K. Kids? 1, and he's 7,313 miles away. I'm pretty sure he wants to come home to hang out with his Mommy & Daddy.
L. Life isn’t complete without? my faith and my family
M. Marriage date? 06/14/03
N. Number of brothers & sisters? 1 older brother Chris who is an awesome Dad to my nephew & niece, Malikai and Isabella
O. Oranges or apples? Apples, and can I have some peanut butter on the side with that? Peeling an orange makes your fingernails all yucky
P. Phobias? Gross feet and I'm not a huge fan of roaches
Q. Quotes? Proverbs 3:5-6, and to quote my college roommate Christy "I'm jealous of myself"
R. Reasons to smile? Being silly with Bryan, our sweet baby boy, funny stories from work (I swear it's like a sitcom there sometimes)
S. Season of choice? Summer
T. Tag seven peeps! (see below)
U. Unknown fact about me? I can't whistle anymore. I could as a kid and sadly have lost the talent which is unfortunate since both of my parents can almost compose music via whistling
V. Vegetable? Pretty much everything although I'm not a huge sweet potato fan. I know, I'm missing out at Thanksgiving BIG TIME
W. Worst habits? I talk too much, hence the need for a blog which Bryan says is a good outlet :)
X. X-ray or ultrasound? Umm I guess ultrasound? I think the X-Ray can mess you up. That's radiation, right?
Y. Your favorite food? Chocolate, preferably cheap chocolate manufactured by Little Debbie
Z. Zodiac sign? Gemini


Thank you, Maria for this honor. I would like to bestow the Blogger Award on the following peeps:
  1. Rachel - an adoptive Mommy from Russia & Kyrgyzstan who cracks me up and also gives amazing, Godly advice
  2. Hilary - an adoptive Mommy from Kyrgyzstan whose blog was the first I read when I started researching Kyrgyz adoption. Her little Anara is seriously one of the cutest things I've ever seen.
  3. Christina - Christina & her husband were our Trip 1 travel buddies and Bishkek pharmacists who hooked me up with a Z-pack. They are waiting to go back on Trip 2 for Little Man!
  4. Carolyn - my amazing sister-in-law who will definitely be an amazing Aunt to Precious Boy
  5. Jamie - one of my best girl friends from college who is expecting her first baby girl, Elaine, in just a few weeks
  6. Lexi - one of my other best girl friends from college who is expecting her first baby girl, Isabella, in November
  7. Holly - a hilarious friend I met through Jamie. I swear that she is my top secret undercover twin because we have so much fun being stupid when we are together

PS: Bryan just hung up a shelf in the nursery, and when one of the super fancy toggle bolts wasn't working right he definitely used some medical tool with a light on it to look in there. Why use a flashlight when you could use the tools of your trade?? I'm starting to see a new trend here in home improvement in our household.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for the honored award! Love you!

Holly said...

Wow...I am honored too, except that I am pretty sure I am not anywhere near as funny as you!!! But, I would be honored to be your twin!

Lisa said...

Hi Betsy,

Thank you for the encouraging post on our blog. I love reading your blog and your faith in the Lord helps me especially with all you have been through! I can't wait to see pictures of your little one!

Lisa