Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 22, 2008

I Heart Google Reader

International adoption has given me the lovely opportunity to learn about US government forms, home study factoids, inefficient foreign governments, and last but not least - Google Reader.
My friend Stephanie introduced me to the joy that is called Google Reader. For those of you who don't know, it is a feature on Google that keeps track of all the blogs you like to read, consolidates them into one place and lets you know which ones have been updated. This has proved to be highly useful since I have developed an obsessive compulsive tendency to read any Kyrgyz adoption blog I can find as well as some other random ones I've come across. I blog-stalk multiple people and their Kyrgyz children. It has proven to be therapeutic and reminds me that Precious Boy will come home at some point.
The other cool thing about Google Reader (am I starting to sound like a commercial for it?) is that it will suggest other blogs you might like based on what you currently read. The other day I logged on to my trusty Reader (something I do at least 2-3 times a day!) and saw a suggested blog in the upper corner. What was it, you ask??? It was THIS BLOG. Apparently Google Reader thinks I might like myself.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Now THAT'S funny!

Maria said...

That's a RIOT!!! I use Microsoft Feed - something similar, great thing!!! Thinking of you this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...thanks for the commercial. Google reader is new to me- I will have to check it out. I am a blog stalker as well, so it would be nice to know when there are updates instead of clicking down my long list! Good stuff.

Lori said...

And why wouldn't it? Everyone else loves you!!

Lauren said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only blog stalker out there! I'll have to check out that Google Reader. Here's another new blog for you to stalk...mine.
www.wewillbeafamilyof3.blogspot.com

Corinne said...

That is too funny! Why would it not like your own when you are funny and witty.Right?