I realized today that I had not posted in quite some time, and it is primarily because there hasn't been much to report or to share. By this point our dossier should be in Kyrgyzstan, hopefully falling into the hands of a government official who will invite us back to Kyrgyzstan to pick up our son soon. We miss him so much and talk about him all the time. We talk about events in the future, like Bryan's graduation from Med School next May or different holidays, or the fast-approaching wedding of Bryan's younger sister, Carolyn... and we realize that he will hopefully be there with us! It has already been decided that Precious Boy will sport a baby tuxedo at Carolyn's wedding, because who doesn't love a baby in a tuxedo???
Now that we know the face of our sweet blue-eyed son, we eagerly anticipate the joy he will bring to our lives. He is real to us now and not just an unknown baby on the other side of the world that we worked tirelessly for by signing and notarizing stacks of dossier documents. I picture him in our home all the time, sitting in a highchair or bouncing in a jumper in the door way to my office. Although tiny and young when we visited him, we could tell he is spunky, stubborn, and that his mind is always thinking and pondering. He will fit right in to our crazy little family.
We are ready to be three instead of just two.
This week two families from our agency will travel to Kyrgyzstan and have the opportunity to bring more clothes to our son (all blue & green rather than the pink he was sporting before). We are prayerful that God will protect these families in their journeys and prepare their hearts for the experience of meeting their children for the first time. We are anxious to hear how Precious Boy is doing and cross our fingers that we might get some new pictures of him. I am most concerned about if he has gained any weight since he was a little preemie peanut, so please pray for that! We will be sure to share any news about him that we can.




3 comments:
Sorry but I am totally confused by your words that sound as if you have ALREADY visited with your NEW referral? I think I missed something along the way.
As with all the rest of us on this journey I hope you hear some good news soon! Best wishes!!!
Waiting TOTALLY sucks...there's no other way to look at it. Take this time to go see as many movies as you possibly can, get in a spa day or two, and read that book you've been meaning to get to. It won't make this time go much faster, but at least you'll have some fun in the meantime!
Sending mental calories to Precious Boy!!! So excited for you in these days ahead!!
Post a Comment