Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Joy

The past couple of weeks have been quite a rollercoaster ride. Bryan and I have both agreed that in many ways our time in Kyrgyzstan seems like a lifetime ago. I still find it hard to believe that we went through all of that turmoil and that we survived it.
It has been hard to not share all that has been happening in our adoption process with everyone. Many of you have e-mailed expressing concern, not just on the day we decided not to proceed with our first referral but even as recently as today. The fact that you have not forgotten us has been such a blessing. We have been cautious about sharing what has been happening because we wanted to give our agency time to work on our case and for any new developments to feel 'official'.

We finally got the 'green light' today that we can publicly share what has been going on, and most importantly what God has done for us. When we look back on our experience in Kyrygzstan, the most appropriate verse to summarize that experience and what has happened since is Pslam 31:7 --

I will be glad and rejoice in your love,
for you saw my affliction
and knew the anguish of my soul.

We can say with confidence that God knew our hearts and had plans for a joyful future for us. It is with indescribable joy that we share with you that we have a new referral for a precious baby boy! He is healthy and absolutely adorable. While we did suffer during our time in Kyrgyzstan, God did not allow us to suffer for long before He revealed the rest of His plan for our family. We are overwhelmed by His faithfulness and in many ways it seems too good to be true.

It has been easy to look at our experience in Kyrgyzstan and think that it couldn't have gotten any worse. In contrast, we're now in a place where we feel like things could not be better. It's amazing to see how He can bring healing and peace and joy out of suffering, how He can use our times of sadness to build perseverance and character and strength.

We will continue to share any new developments on our blog when we are able to and feel comfortable. We are a bit more guarded this time around but know that so many of you have been walking along this journey with us and we desire to share our happy times with you too! Thank you so much to everyone for their prayers, concern, friendship and support.

Many blessings and love --- Betsy & Bryan

12 comments:

Monica said...

I love it! I hope that you have only happy days ahead remaining on this journey to bring your son home. Thx for sharing that great news because I too was someone checking your blog EVERYDAY hoping for some news such as this!
:)

Lisa Brotherton said...

Betsy!!!
That is the best news. I am so happy for you and Bryan. I can only imagine what a mix of emotions you have been through. I am elated to hear the joy, confidence and gratitude in your post!

janiece said...

Praise God! I have been thinking of you and checking daily to see what is going on--and I love hearing this happy, joyful, wonderful news! I look forward to the updates as you continue this journey.

Allison said...

I am SO happy to hear this!! You have been constantly in my thoughts and prayers over the past few weeks. I'll keep the prayers coming until that baby boy is in your arms forever. Congratulations!!

Amber said...

What a mighty God we serve! There has not been a day gone by in the last couple of months that you have not been on my heart, in my mind, and part of my prayers. Praise God for this joyful news and may He continue to bless the journey until you bring him home. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Corinne said...

What wonderful news!Blessings to you as you go forth in your journey.I am so happy for you.

Hilary Marquis said...

That is amazing news! I was wondering if that might be happening, but didn't want to ask. He is a beautiful little boy! What a rollercoaster you've been on. God has been faithful, and never left your side. We'll pray for a quick return trip. Congratulations!

Lori said...

Betsy, Bryan and sweet baby boy--
Halleluiah! I also have been checking to see how you were and praying every night for your peace and God's hand in putting your family together!

I am SOOO happy for you and can't wait until the day we see him in your arms and home for GOOD!

Michele said...

Oh Betsy we are so happy for you. It was a big hole in our heart when we found out about your last trip, & not getting to spend any time with you was so sad. But we know that God has big plans for you now. Hold your head up high because he is with you & our prays are with you also.
Take care,

Schlef Family said...

Congratulations! You will be in our prayers as you continue this journey.

Jackie said...

Betsy, I am so happy to have visited your blog tonight and to read this wonderful news.

Congrats to you and your husband and I look forward to reading about your journey to your son :)

Jackie

Gen 's Family Story said...

Wow, it's great to read this news!! God is sooo AMAZING and FAITHFUL!!!