Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 10, 2008

The Dog Has Us Figured Out

We have added some new decor to our living room recently... a stylish Britax car seat. So far it seems perfectly safe and suitable for a stuffed animal. That is the best we can do since we don't have any practice babies to try out in the new seat!

We think Sophie the adorable genius-dog is on to us... She spent a fair amount of time this evening investigating the new fixture in the living room. She can tell it looks nothing like her booster seat (yes, she rides in a car seat when I drive! Go ahead and laugh) and that it might be a sign of things to come!! I felt like she looked at us as if to say, "Was someone going to tell me about this?!?!".

Our house is in a state of home study mania! I have managed to convince myself that I do not need to accomplish the ridiculous list of tasks I came up with. We have finished all the home study paperwork, installed carbon monoxide detectors and are in the process of baby-proofing our home despite the current lack of baby in the house. Hopefully we'll pass with flying colors when the Social Worker comes on Wednesday. We're going to do our best to act normal :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi B&B,
We are praying for you with the homestudy on Wednesday! Keep us posted how it goes. Love, Jamie

Carolyn said...

Good Luck on Wednesday! The Bob and I will definitely be praying for you! Love you both and we know you will do wonderful!
C and B

Carol M said...

Hi Betsy and Bryan,

I enjoy reading your blog and check every day to see if you have added any more news about the adoption of our grandbaby to be :)
I'm sure y'all will sail right through your home study...all the same, I'll pray that you are both calm and relaxed so that your real personalities come through.
Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Hi BPs,

This is my first time to ever post to a blog. I hope it works.

Dad and I are so excited about being grandparents. We are praying for you and your baby wherever he or she may be right now.

You'll do fine with the home study.

Love,
Gran Jan

Uncle Jim said...

Bryan and Betsy,

Aunt Nancy and I are very proud of you both and know you will be great parents.

I believe that God has a special place for people that adopt. Of course, I am a bit biased as an adopted child.

We will keep you in our prayers and know you will do just fine.

Uncle Jim and Aunt Nancy