Happy Easter to all our family and friends! Our first-born, Sophie, was thrilled about celebrating Easter in costume. We are currently brainstorming on how to prepare her to not be the center of attention once our little precious one arrives from Bishkek!On the adoption front, we are almost finished preparing our dossier! We are hoping our home study will be finalized by our local social worker in the next 7-10 days. At that point all our documents (including the 60 cent Temple PD background checks!) will be sent to our agency in California. My understanding is that after they are reviewed by our agency they will be forwarded to the Kyrgyzstan Embassy in Washington DC. The embassy currently takes about 30 days to process each dossier and then our papers will be on their way to Bishkek!
One of the most common questions I've gotten is "How long will this all take?". I wish I knew the answer! I think best case scenario would be to bring a baby home by year-end, but then I snap back into reality and remember that we signed up for International Adoption. Lots of things can change, become difficult or be delayed. We are hopeful that our experience will be smooth and relatively quick. We are praying that God will use this journey to build our trust in Him and to have faith in His timing.
Bryan and I wish everyone a very Happy Easter and pray that this day helped you to remember the awesome gift of our salvation! Thanks for your support and prayers for our Bishkek Baby!




2 comments:
Hi Betsy and Bryan,
Sophie looks like she is taking great care to keep those bunny ears balanced on her head! She looks adorable. We thoroughly enjoyed spending time with you and Bryan (and Sophie) during the Easter weekend.
What a cute pic of your poochie! She looks really patient and lovable. I'm sure she and your babe will be great friends.
Thx for your comment about the sliding glass door. That IS one that I probably wouldn't think of but we don't have one of those anyway so that won't come up for us.
:)
Post a Comment