Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 27, 2008

It must be spring, because there are butterflies in my tummy!

We are getting closer and closer to having our paperwork ready to submit. I am by no means a nervous wreck, but I am definnitely getting excited. I feel anxious and nervous but in a good way... which is not the norm for me! It seems so appropriate that spring is here, that we just celebrated Easter and that everything is about 'new life' right now. It feels like we are on the brink of bringing a new life into our family sooner rather than later!

Our home study should be ready to go by Monday according to our social worker. The dossier will then be translated (7-10 days) and then processed at the embassy (roughly 30 days). After that we'll be officially ready to receive a referral... that puts us at mid to late May if all goes well! Our agency says that you usually get a referral within 3 months, so we might be matched with a baby by August or September! Of course I realize nothing is guaranteed, but it's nice to think of the timing possibilities.

I've been reading all the other Kyrgyzstan adoption blogs and lurking on the Kyrgyzstan yahoo group, and it seems like there are so many families who are seeing progress right now.... referrals, trip 1, trip 2, coming home! It is so exciting to see such happiness and joy for others. Some of the steps seem to be happening faster than I expected while others are taking longer. I can't help but put myself in their shoes and imagine when Bryan and I will be in their place.

I am so encouraged by what I read about other people's experiences and by my conversations with our agency. Most of all I'm encouraged by the total peace I have about this decision. How great is it to make a HUGE life decision and be given a sense of total comfort about it? I've never felt more sure of something in my life, other than the day I married Bryan! Thanks God :)

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

You are too precious! I am so excited about everything coming together! I know everything will go smoothly and I know that the child you get will be truly blessed to have you and Bryan as their parents!

Aunt Lucy said...

What a Blessing it is to have that feeling of excitement and anticipation. I agree 100% with Carolyn, that Little Soul out there is truly fortunate to come into your home.

Holly said...

Wow...I am getting so excited for you guys!!!!

GHosT said...

There's something than changes in you when you become a parent - more than just the excitement and the anticipation and all that. Moving into another stage of existence is one way to put it, I suppose. I know that the both of you have spent a lot of time praying and hoping for a child and I know you have gone through a lot to get there.
You have my blessings and my prayers as well - I think all of our prayers end up in the same place ;) - and I'm very happy for you both :).

Don't forget to drop me a line if you want some code magic done on your blog!

- Chris

Marion Cornwell said...

Know that your family (including the one to be) will be kept in my prayers. What an exciting adventure. Our God is A GREAT BIG GOD and He is on your side!
Love,
Marion Cornwell

big sis savannah said...

from big sis savannah, and Kathy and Adrian, We are so excited to hear the news of your baby to be. What a wonderful family to be adopted into. This is one lucky baby!! love to all and God bless.

Jennifer said...

That is such great news! I am glad the process is going well and that things are moving foward. We will continue to pray for a smooth process and peace for you and Brian. We love you guys!