Yay!! We just finished our home study! It took about 3.5 hours and we spent time talking with the social worker together and separately. It was pretty much what we expected since we had already answered 33 autobiography questions beforehand. We had to go around and show the social worker our house and review different safety things. We were glad we had spent time making sure things were safe and organized. I was pleased when she asked us about our 'Fire Evacuation Plan' since Bryan didn't believe me when I told him last night we would be asked about that!
Our agreed-upon Fire Evacuation Plan is extensive:
1) Open front door
2) Walk out of house
3) Stand at end of driveway
(Technically, my plan involves grabbing the dog and then proceeding with steps 1-3, but Bryan said he just plans to get out ASAP so we don't burn up!)
Thanks to everyone for your prayers during our home study! We feel like it went well and God really gave us a sense of calmness and an ability to express our desire to adopt.
Task for tomorrow: POLICE BACKGROUND CHECKS WITH OUR FRIENDS AT THE TEMPLE PD! :)




2 comments:
Yay! I am so happy to hear the home study went well. I'm also equally happy to hear that you have carefully planned an escape route should the need arise ;-) Seriously, though it sounds like it went really well and I'm glad you guys are well on your way!
I just found your blog via your comment on Johnda's blog. So exciting to find others early in thsi journey to Kyrgyzstan. We just a bit behind and looking forward to starting our homestudy soon. I'd love to stay in touch. If you email me I'll send you an invite to our blog:
monica1216 @ yahoo.com
best wishes to you on this journey,
Monica
Post a Comment