Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I Am Not A Crook

Last week we had the fun field trip down to the Temple PD to get our background checks done. I had called ahead to check on the cost and whether or not they had a notary. The police lady (estimate: 120 years old) told us the charge would be "60 cents per person" and that the notary services were free! WOOHOO! Something for Kyrygzstan adoption that is finally cheap/free!

We normally pay for everything via debit/credit card so we made sure we brought some cash. We figured our small-town PD was probably not equipped with a credit card machine! Well lo and behold, we get there for the background check and they have a sign up that says "We do not make change."

Of course we (the non-cash-toting couple) only have a $20 and can't give them exact change.

Solution? Write a check to the Temple PD for $1.20. That's a cool feeling. Oh and we passed the background check with flying colors. I'm sure most of you who know us well are relieved and surprised (ha!).

I wasn't about to go somewhere and break the $20 and drive all the way back to the police department. I'm all about efficiency on this dossier process! If that means writing a check for $1.20 then I'm up for the task.

I wonder how much the bank will laugh when they see that big fat check clear our account???

1 comment:

Johnda said...

Betsy
Thanks for the comment on my blog
If you have any questions..I'm here. I'm having trouble with my home email so if you want to contact me at johnda@rossrealty.org

Blessings

Johnda