We have spent a lot of time talking, praying and crying about Precious Boy since I posted last. We were able to consult with our IA doctors and after processing all the information we came to the decision that we cannot proceed with adopting this precious baby boy. This is not a decision we took lightly. It is so hard to walk away from an adorable baby whose picture we have been admiring for weeks. We believe him to be a special blessing from God and that we were called here to bring attention to his medical needs.
Our agency is working hard to get him the care that he needs, including having him stay at the Tokmok Children's Hospital for a few days to continue his evaluation and get better nutrition. We were able to hold him and say goodbye to him, telling him that we know God has wonderful plans for his life and that we will always love him and pray for him.
We are so appreciative of everyone's thoughtful comments on our blog, sweet e-mails and your prayers. While this has not been easy, the experience has reminded us of our amazing support system and shown us that God is faithful even when times are difficult. He helped to guide our decision and gave us an overwhelming sense of peace about that, and we praise Him for that.
At this point our plan is to stay in Kyrgyzstan until our scheduled departure time. Our agency has been nothing but supportive of our decision and is working hard to explore other options for us.
We are so appreciative of everyone's thoughtful comments on our blog, sweet e-mails and your prayers. While this has not been easy, the experience has reminded us of our amazing support system and shown us that God is faithful even when times are difficult. He helped to guide our decision and gave us an overwhelming sense of peace about that, and we praise Him for that.
At this point our plan is to stay in Kyrgyzstan until our scheduled departure time. Our agency has been nothing but supportive of our decision and is working hard to explore other options for us.




15 comments:
Oh guys, I am so sorry it worked out like this. Your family has been on my heart for weeks and will remain there for a very long time. God bless your family's healing right now. Big hugs and love to you both.
Betsy,
I am in the yahoo group. I am so sorry and hope something comes through for you soon. I admire your faith.
Bridget
You will be in our prayers during this difficult time.
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14.27)
Bless your hearts for the decisions you've made. Lots of people are thinking about you and praying for you all.
Lori
Thinking and praying for you during this tough time.Your faith and strength is such an inspiration to all of us.
Oh I'm sorry that this happened to you. You're in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
I can't even imagine how hard of a decision that was to make. Big hugs and lots of prayers headed your way.
So sorry to hear that you've had this difficult experience. I hope you will have brighter days soon.
I'm so sorry to hear of what you have been going thru. Sending you prayers and hugs!!!
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I can only imagine the anguish.
Brian and Betsy,
I'm so sorry to hear that adopting baby Caleb did not work out. I can't begin to imagine what you are dealing with, but plan to continue to pray and support you guys. Keep on walking with the Lord -- He is faithful.
Burke
I found my way to your blog through Maria. I am sending you strength to help you through this difficult time.
Jackie
Betsy,
I'm so sad to hear about what happened. We pray that this baby boy will find a home despite his needs. We also pray that God would comfort you and bring you peace in your decision. His perfect plan will unfold for all of you as you trust in Him!
Our prayers are also with you.
Post a Comment