Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 17, 2008

I can read, I promise.

I just got off the phone with my in-the-air friends, British Airways. Apparently I can't read, because we are allowed to have 2 checked bags each that can weigh up to 70 lbs each. Bring it on, British Airways!! I'm going to load that suitcase up even more!!! The Tokmok Baby House is going to receive one more doorway jumper, a bouncy seat and cloth diapers thanks to my friends at BA.
I had been thinking that I could only have 1 bag that weighed 50 lbs, but that is apparently only the truth if you are a non-American and if you are reading the wrong section of the website. They must realize that we Americans need a lot of "stuff". Or maybe they just want me to be able to bring an entire Babies R Us to the babies of Tokmok. :)
As a side note, I'm sincerely hoping that I develop a British accent by the end of the flight. I think 18 hours in the air should be more than enough time to change the way I pronounce the word "schedule".
Back to loading up the suitcase...

5 comments:

Corinne said...

So exited for you to meet your precious boy!I hope you have bags with wheels with 70 pounds of stuff in each.Then again its all worth it for these little ones.Wishing you a safe and wonderful trip to meet your son.

Maria said...

I started to post that in your comments yesterday that our weight limit was 70 lbs, but we flew United so I thought it might be different! Have fun!

Aunt Lucy said...

May HE be with you on your travels, what an exciting time. ".....Therefore, do not cast away your confidence which has great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise....." Hebrews 10:35-36.

Amber said...

I saw somewhere recently that if you booked a trip with BA in recent months and it was a long haul flight, you might be entitled to a refund for something. You might want to check into it. I am so happy for you! Give those babies love from all of us!

Suzanne said...

British Accent Lesson #1 (from my Brit friend, Peter:

What do you beathe? _____
What grows out of your head? _____
Where does a wild animal sleep? ______

Air - hair - lair.

Now leave off the R's.

And that's how you greet someone. Try it out loud, putting a comma after the first word, and it will start to make sense.

:-)
Suzanne