1) We have now boarded the emotional rollercoaster, and we're on the front row.
Oh and by the way, the rollercoaster has a 200 foot vertical drop and we're not holding on to the safety bar. Look at us--- No hands!!!
2) International adoption is not for the faint of heart!As the ticker on the top of this blog shows us getting closer and closer to holding Precious Boy in our arms, we've also been reminded of the giant leap of faith we are taking. The reality of all the uncertainty ahead of us has been daunting at times. Like any other adoption or pregnancy, we have no guarantees.
The one thing we're certain of is that we already feel a deep love for a tiny baby on the other side of the world, and that in 9 short days we will board a plane and fly for nearly 24 hours so we can hold him in our arms!!




4 comments:
Betsy,
This is exactly how I feel about this journey. Sometimes a thrill , a rush, Sometimes a smile from ear to ear. But my goodness, sometimes I feel like screaming, my stomach in my chest and thinking about wanting to be on stable ground. One thing is for sure for me and Jeff, at 43 and 45, this is one thrill ride we will unlikely board again!
But I'll buy the pictures and relive the thrill of it all over and over with pride and joy.
I can't wait till you meet your precious boy. You know we'll be right behind you to meet our sweet girl.
Blessings and love!
Lisa B
Betsy, Bryan, and Precious Baby Boy,
The three of you are in my prayers 24/7. Specifically, that you will have a safe journey, good health, HAPPY visits with Precious Baby Boy,and that you will both feel the love and support of your family and friends, especially while you are away. Like the rollercoaster you are on, this week is going to fly by in a blur! I can't wait until your baby is safe in your arms. Love, Mom
I'd like to say the ride is safe and that your heart is safe of not ending up in your throat, but, alas, there are no guarantees. I hope with all my heart that your process is very smooth, your visit is wonderful, travel without incident and court comes off very shortly after you travel. That is my wish for you! Remember, just like the end of the rollercoaster ride, you might end up with throw up on you! :-) However, you just might end up saying, "Let's do it again!!"
You are such a trooper, and you and Bryan have trusted so much in God and his journey for you and your baby and I just know he is going to take care of you. I love you both! Jamie
Post a Comment