Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Gratefulness

It feels like 10 days have passed since I painted Precious Boy's nursery and we put together his crib using a surgical suture kit. That's how overwhelming the days have been! Right now I feel like life is going pretty fast but somehow when I'm at the office my brain screeches to a halt. It's probably fair to say I'm a bit distracted this week! :)
This week another family from our agency is in Kyrgyzstan on Trip 1 to meet their daughter. We were thrilled to learn that their daughter is at the same orphanage as our baby boy. I have felt fortunate to correspond with one of the parents, Suzanne, and to follow along in their journey. Suzanne is a pediatrician and offered to not only take new pictures of Precious Boy but to also give him a thorough exam while she was at the Tokmok Baby House.
Today we received her full medical report and 3 new pictures of our son. We were pleased with what she had to say about his health, although we will definitely need to fatten him up with some better formula once he is home! Prior to receiving Suzanne's report we had some concerns about a minor health issue for Precious Boy. Suzanne's exam showed no evidence of the issue we had been worried about, so that was great news!
Most importantly, we just loved seeing new pictures of him and reading words about him on a page. I can't really explain it, but until he is 'real' to us these little tidbits are priceless. It makes me feel one step closer to knowing my son. I can hardly wait! Suzanne's pictures confirmed for us again that he is adorable. I just want to scoop him up and love him.
Right now I'm overwhelmed, but for once it's not with the packing list or the tasks ahead or the enormity of what is going on in our life. I'm overwhelmed with gratefulness for this new glimpse at what God has in store for us in Precious Boy. I'm grateful that Suzanne was willing to take time out of her visit with her daughter to provide care and love for our soon-to-be son. I know there must be so many other things on her mind there on the other side of the world, so we are deeply appreciative for her selflessness and willingness to share her medical knowledge with us. I feel confident those new pictures of Precious Boy will keep me going for at least the rest of the week.
I'm grateful for all that is happening in our life - whether it be chaotic or not - and for the tangible proof that God is at work. He continues to work everything together and we can't wait to see how He continues to do that as we make the journey to the other side of the world. I feel like He keeps telling us, "Keep plugging ahead, no matter how chaotic or reckless it feels to you. I am in control. I am with you, and I will not leave you disappointed." :)

6 comments:

Lisa Brotherton said...

I am singing the same song today!
Life is good,
God is great!
And Suzanne ROCKS!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you and Bryan. I cannot wait until YOUR BABY comes home and I get to see him and hold him. I thank God daily for this wonderful gift.

Love, GranJan

Rachel said...

it's a great feeling!

Clare and Jerry said...

Note to self: check the blog before sending email ; )

Thanks be to Suzanne! So glad to hear your report. This baby was meant for you...rejoice!

Christina said...

That is great to get such a good update plus pictures on your baby prior to traveling. Take care and see you soon!!

Monica said...

So excited for you... only 1wk 4days till travel1 your ticker says - WOW! Are you packing?