I apologize for not posting sooner about our second visit with Precious Boy. We have enjoyed every minute with him. He is so darling, sweet and laid back. We felt like he was more content to be held by us during the entire visit although we still noticed some odd behaviors in him.
We came on this trip prepared to face some unknowns about his medical condition, but after our second visit today we met with the orphanage director and found out there are more significant issues than we anticipated. I don't want to go into great detail, but we are thankful that we have the support of our agency. They have been quick to respond and have arranged for Precious Boy to be examined at the Children's Hospital in Bishkek by a pediatric neurologist. We have been relying heavily on the support and expertise of our IA Doctors. At this point the IA Doctors feel there is a fairly high risk that Precious Boy has some signficant medical issues which Bryan and I don't necessarily feel prepared to handle.
We covet your prayers and support during this time and will update you all as soon as we know something and feel brave enough to talk about it. This has truly been a difficult time but God continues to make Himself known in our lives and in the life of Precious Boy. We feel certain that He did not send us to Kyrgyzstan without a purpose, without a plan or without an immeasurable amount of love for us and that sweet baby boy.




8 comments:
Hoping that the doctor visit reveals some good news. I just wanted to share that we saw VERY odd behaviors on or dgt's video and then in person when we met her. She was basically putting herself in very odd positions that didn't seem humanly posible. She would also seem to throw her head back a lot. She acted as if it hurt to put her in a sitting position (very rigid). She is 100% healthy now! I don't usually share all that and I don't know if that is what you are seeing, but I just thought I'd put it out there in case you are.
Oh no. I hope you get some positive news. I do agree--I saw some weird stuff with all of my children and I took a chance--but we did feel that we could handle the issues (they weren't too severe). And my children are way healthy and much more intact then some of the kids I see at the schools!
My prayers are with you. I know this is so stressful--particularly with the unknown. I'm glad that you will be able to consult with a specialist.
We love you!!!
I hope that you receive some good news about the little one. My prayers are with you and, of course, with Precious Boy.
God will give you both the wisdom you are so desperately seeking right now and the peace to know you are making the right decision for your family. May God bless you both right now.
Hoping you'll hear reassuring news soon!
Praying for you all!
Jer 29:11 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
To both of you and Precious Boy--I am lifting you in prayer and hoping for wisdom and peace.
Following along and praying for you,
Lori
Post a Comment