Reason #1: Got a phone call today from the Baby Furniture place (where we get weird looks for being non-pregnant crib purchasers). Precious Boy's nursery furniture is already in! Those jokers had told us it would take 4-6 weeks to come in, and whaddya know 10 days later they have it ready to deliver! Woohoo! I'm going to call back tomorrow to schedule delivery since I have to work it around Bryan's varying ER schedule this week.
Reason #2, the most important reason of all: On Tuesday, three weeks from now, we will be sitting at the Tokmok Baby House holding Precious Boy - God's precious baby boy for us- for the FIRST TIME. As my friend Rachel said in an e-mail to me, "Can you believe that you will be meeting your son THIS MONTH?!! THIS MONTH!!".
First reaction to Rachel's observation: Holy Cow, welcome to July - the month of Precious Boy!!! Could I be any happier??
Second reaction to Rachel's observation: Thanks for the reality check, Rach. July is the month of Precious Boy. Must get up from the computer and fire into action on that To-Do list.
Speaking of the To-Do list, we had already sent off all the visa application stuff to the Kyrgyz Embassy before we got all the blog comments about the Bishkek airport visa process being a breeze. Bummer. Since we will arrive in Bishkek at 3am we weren't sure how the airport visa process would work.
At this point I'm part of the "better safe than sorry" camp, which also explains why I got shot up with multiple travel-related vaccines today. Bryan had also shamed me into a Tetanus shot which I had not recieved since high school. I had been operating under the assumption that I could just get one when I step on a nail, and seriously when is that gonna happen? Bryan nixed that idea, hence me getting shot after shot after shot in my arms this morning.
Hope your Tuesday was happy too, although I'm pretty sure nobody's Tuesday 3 weeks from now will beat ours :).




6 comments:
Betsy,
Our Tuesday 3 weeks from now will never beat yours, but our Tuesday 5weeks from now could be a tie!
Our travel dates are Aug 3 to 10!
WOO HOO!!
Batsy,
I know someone else whose 3 weeks from yesterday will equal yours and that will be us who will also be meeting their little man for the first time. We'll see you there. Take care!
There is no better day than the Tuesday three weeks from now. I'm hoping my, oh, sometime weeks from now, will beat your Tuesday three weeks from now -- when we pick up The Princess. Ok, I'm time confused now. I can't wait to hear about your meeting him. I also can't wait to see furniture pictures -- post soon!!
Hey, whatever I can do to help :)
We also are going to be at the same hotel. We get there on the 12th to pick up our baby girl. So hopefully we can meet over there. We are very happy for you.
Take care!
I love your new countdown markers at the top of your blog. We are getting so excited for you guys!!!! Happy 4th! Love, jamie
Post a Comment