I'm anticipating the arrival of our I-171H this week, which will be the last piece of paper to complete Paper Baby.
We were out of town last week and had the post office hold our mail. Based on my status as a worry-wart, I actually wrote a little note to the Mailman/woman/person asking them to please ring the doorbell if all the mail won't fit in our tiny mailbox. We have walking mail people here in T-town so I think a handwritten note is quite appropriate since they provide such personal service in the Texas heat.
Without my note I'm sure they'd just leave me three coupon packets for Popeye's Chicken, Bryan's many credit card offers, Bryan's notices that "You Won a Porsche!" and of course some bills. The I-171H would surely stay in the mail truck until tomorrow's delivery. I can't let this happen! I MUST INTERVENE! Hence, the love note to the mail carrier.
The second that I-171H arrives Bryan and I will be making our last trip to the notary and then I'm going to race down I-35 and get the last stack of documents certified by the Secretary of State. Basically, I'm poised at the starting line waiting for the gun to go off... except the reality is I'm just waiting for a piece of paper in the mail. Ah, the joys of international adoption... :)




2 comments:
Go mailman, go!!!
Nice touch on the handwritten note....an iced down bottled water might do the trick if the note doesn't work. :)
Post a Comment