Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Passengers Take Your Seats

We are officially going to Bishkek! We are now the very proud owners of two very expensive plane tickets to Kyrgyzstan. We will arrive in Bishkek at 3am on July 22, and my understanding is that our coordinator and driver will pick us up later that morning to go meet our son.
I can hardly believe we know exactly when we will meet him and see his sweet face for the first time. I've added a countdown on our blog so I can keep track of just how long I have to wait for that moment.... and just how long I have to get my act together before we leave!! We have so much to pack, plan and organize.
There is at least one other US family with another agency that will be in Bishkek at the exact same time as us, and their child is also at the Tokmok Baby House. We are excited to have the opportunity to share this experience with another adoptive family.
Just a little side note to prove that I am in fact crazy: This whole week I have been dreaming about the things I need to do. I was trying to remember that I needed to make doctor's appointments to get our vaccines updated before we travel. So of course my crazy brain decides to dream that I'm about to get a bug bite from some monstrous neon green spider bug with 20+ legs in Kyrgyzstan while we are driving thru the streets of Bishkek. I woke up scared thinking I was about to suffer a bug attack. I'm not sure this is the most productive way for my brain to deal with the stress of a To-Do list that is a mile long!
Next thing on the To-Do List: book a hotel!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Yeah!!! Just think, in one more month you will have held your sweet baby boy in your arms. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! That is just so exciting that you have your tickets! That has got to make it seem leaps and bounds more real, I know it is just amazing to let it all sink in! And don't worry about your crazy dreams those are just crazy paper-preggo dreams I have them too! See you this weekend!!!!! Love, j

AllisonL said...

Betsy and Bryan...Mom just sent me the link to your blog...I read from the beginning and am so excited for you both!!! I know that your precious little boy is a gift from God and the two of you will be phenomenal parents!!!
Best Wishes!!!
Love,
Cousin Allison

Maria said...

One more thing down and a bank account that's quite a bit smaller -- aren't you feeling less burdened. All that money lying around is really a burden, isn't it? *smile* I'm so happy for you!! I can't wait to read all about it.