Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 23, 2008

STATUS UPDATE: Still in Shock.

The title pretty much sums it up. I'm still in shock that we will hopefully be the parents of a beautiful baby boy soon. I am proud to say that I have made progress in terms of processing what has just happened in our lives. That progress was signified by me crying looking at our baby's picture while I ate a Nutri Grain bar at 5:30 this morning. I guess you can say it is starting to hit me, and I'm actually beginning to grasp exactly what God has done for us.
Our travel packet arrived from Nightlight today. Unfortunately I am in Houston this week for work. I was hoping Bryan could fax me some of the info so I could begin to soak it all in. That was a good plan until he informed me the packet is about 100 pages long! We decided the better strategy was for him to hit the high points with me. The first task on our list is to get some of our vaccines updated and to start shopping around with travel agencies. We hope to have our travel booked by the end of the week.
I can't wait to get my paws on that giant stack of info! Luckily Bryan organized it into a binder for me, and those of you who know Bryan are probably aware that organizing things in binders is not his first instinct!! I was so appreciative of his effort to keep things manageable for me, as right now it feels like life is moving at about 90 mph!
We are certain everything will come together... it always does. Until then, I spend most moments wondering what Precious Baby is doing. Is he awake? Is he crying? Is someone holding him? We can't wait to meet that beautiful baby and love on him!!! :)

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

yea for Bryan organizing! That is so exciting that you received the travel information. Now it is time to go meet your precious boy! I am so excited for you both and I am so glad God has blessed you with this amazing gift! Love!

Anonymous said...

hey there Cousin, my Mom told me the news this morning. I'm so happy for you and Bryan! I've been catching up on the blog for about an hour now and am touched by the amazing and wonderful story. I can't wait to meet your son. God bless, love Daniel.

Rachel said...

I love your enthusiasm...hope everything goes well booking your travel!

Maria said...

We used Tim at Federal Travel and had a good experience with him. We also called Eldo at Golden Rule. We sort of played them against each other to get the best rate -- it worked, so... Tell Bryan I am SO PROUD of him for putting the stuff in the binder. Binders are a GREAT thing in adoption world. :-) And take it from me, whatever doesn't get done will be fine!!

Hilary Marquis said...

Hang in there. Someone is holding him, and they are caring for him until you can get there :)

Jes said...

This is just awesome news - I totally feel your pain! We have saved the picture of our little guy to our desktop so I have to walk by the computer, like, 100 times a day!!!

Congrats again!!

Burke Wilson said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm sorry we are going to miss you on the trip, but I can't wait to see baby Caleb.