The Paper Baby Voting Polls have officially closed and we hear you LOUD & CLEAR. It's pretty clear that the voting readers of our little blog believe that Paper Baby will end up being a precious little boy, although you all seem to be fairly divided on whether or not he has begun his life 7,313 miles away in Kyrgyzstan.
Truth be told, Bryan and I agree with you. We believe that our child will likely be a boy, mostly because we are educated voters! We know where we stand on our agency's waiting list and how many of the people ahead of us want girls vs boys. Let's just say we're still a lot higher up on the boy list than we are on the girl list! We will be thrilled with either a boy or a girl because we just really want to be parents! I thought we felt ready several years ago when we started talking about having a family... and then I thought we felt ready several months ago when we began our adoption process. I must not have known what "ready" felt like because I definitely feel that way now more than ever. We can hardly wait for the day when we get "the call" from our agency to tell us there is a child for us. We probably still have a bit of time before that happens but that doesn't lessen the anticipation!
My answer on whether or not our child has been born yet changes daily. If you were to ask me right now, in this five minutes, I'd say he's already begun his blessed little life and is just waiting for us! I can't wait to know all about our child - When was he born? Which orphanage is he at? What does he look like? I had a very vivid dream several weeks ago where I saw my child's face... and yes it was a little boy :) Let me just say he was pretty darn cute! I will be absolutely floored if our child bears any resemblance to that little guy in my dream.
Now begins the long wait until we have answers to all of those questions about who are child is and what God has in store. We are on the tail-end of the paper chase and anticipate our I-171H in the next 10 days or so based on some great info from a fellow Texas adoptive Mom! We are humbled by everyone's interest in our experience and thankful for your continued prayers and support! I think now begins the hard part --- waiting.




6 comments:
Okay, I'm the one who said "girl". I am just a sucker for the long shot and I love to see people surprised!
But either way, you will all be lucky to be together!
Oh all right, I said girl too. Either way the blessing you are about to receive from God is great. Esther was adopted, Moses was adopted....."Wait for the Lord, take courage; be stouthearted, wait for the Lord.....Psalm 27:14
Betsy, just found your blog and love it! Can't wait for you to get your paper (like Amber, I'm jealous of her!) and get that baby girl or boy home!! I'm following...too bad I missed the poll, but if asked, I think God has given your baby his or her first breaths. Lucky you! Think my baby girl is still a twinkle for a little longer!!
Good to find you!
Lori
www.loridoesmd.blogspot.com
I like your polls...come up with more. Like names. Do a poll for names and then name the baby something totally different. That would be fun.
I am excited that some of your main paper work will soon be coming to an end . . . you have been so diligent! Cannot wait to meet Baby Pickett - girl or boy, born already or on their way! Love, j
Betsy and Bryan,
Happy 5 Year Anniversary today!!! I cannot believe it has been 5 years ago!!! It was such an awesome wedding too! Have fun remenising today as you celebrate Craig's wedding!
Love, j
Post a Comment