Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

10 +5 +8 = Happy

I e-mailed our agency today to ask where we are on the infamous "LIST" of waiting families. To be honest, I wasn't even sure if we are eligible to be on the list since our paperwork is still mid-translation and does not have the blessing of the Kyrgyzstan Embassy (which is still closed, by the way).
I was happy to hear that we are on the list and eligible to receive a referral. There are currently 9 families ahead of us on the Nightlight waiting list to receive referrals. Five of those families are requesting girls, 2 are requesting boys and 2 are requesting either.
We have not specified if we want a boy or girl... we just want a baby! So the way I look at it, we are either #5 in line for a boy or #8 in line for a girl !!!
This news made me border-line giddy during a very stressful day at work. I'm not sure why the number matters AT ALL since we'll get our referral when God is good and ready. I guess it just feels like a starting point and I know I'll be excited every time we move up on the list, because it means we are one step closer to meeting our baby! It also will mean that another precious baby from Kyrgyzstan has found a family.

So here's to being #10 or #5 or #8.... whichever way you want to look at it!

10 comments:

Monica said...

That is great to know where you are on the list! So... do you know the people ahead of you? Do they have blogs we can all read?

I've been searching the world over for people high up on the Adoption Ark list but so far have only found people a tiny bit ahead of me. We're all anxious to find out who is #1 on the list so we can follow along with their experience.

Hoping you move up QUICKLY on your list!
:)
Monica

Lisa Brotherton said...

Yay Betsy!
The list (as I figure it) goes:
1) Clare and Jerry
2)?
3) Suzanne in FL
4) ?
5) ME AND JEFF!
6/7/or8)?, Martha, ?
9) ?
10)YOU!
Congrats!

Allison said...

That is exciting! Here's hoping that the your wait is quick.

Jennifer said...

Yeah to being 5, 8, or 10! This is so exciting! Thank you for letting us experience it with you!

Aunt Lucy said...

You are already #1 for embarking on such a noble act "...whoever receives one child such as this in my name receives me..." Matthew 18:5

Aunt Lucy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aunt Lucy said...

Opps, sorry about thst not very good at this!

Unknown said...

That is wonderful b-day news.

Love, GranJan

Audrey said...

Hooray for Betsy & Bryan! I love checking your blog daily for all of the informative (and entertaining, of course) posts! You guys are in our thoughts!!

Maria said...

Congratulations! It is nice to have a "place", a "number" to work from. Each referral puts you a step closer to your child!!!