Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Status Update on Hoop #8: JUMPED THROUGH!

Well folks, there you have it... we have jumped through yet another hoop in this crazy international adoption process! Our final meeting with our social worker was today during Bryan's lunch break. We discussed the 10 hours of adoption training that we did and more details about our process, expectations, post adoption follow-up, etc. I am excited to have another thing to cross off our to-do list.

The plan is to have our home study signed & finalized next Tuesday. I'm taking the day off from work next Friday so I can road-trip-it to Austin with Paper Baby for some special Secretary of State stamps. Then we'll officially be done with this phase of our adoption journey!

On a more serious note, I just can't get over God's providence. When I think about our experience thus far, it is clear that God's hand has been guiding every step of the way... from preparing our hearts to make an adoption decision, to leading us to a great placement agency, to providing us with a local home study agency that has turned our paperwork around quickly, to making the rest of our dossier paper-chase a relatively simple process. I think a lot of people are surprised at the amount of paperwork and "hoops" we have to jump through to adopt a child from the other side of the world, but for me it feels like nothing compared to the challenges I experienced trying to have a biological child. I'd go through all this and then some if it means bring a wonderful baby home from Bishkek. I'd travel that 7,313 miles from Temple to Bishkek again and again to make our dream of a family come true.

Most of all, God's providence has brought me peace. I know I have posted about this before - but I just can't get over how happy it feels to be pursuing adoption. I read about the babies coming home from Kyrygzstan on other blogs and I can't wait to see how God provides for that step too.

Coming up next: translation, dossier processing, and then a referral!!! Stay tuned... it's about to get exciting :)

3 comments:

Aunt Lucy said...

It brings joy to my heart to read your words of faith and gratitude to God as you take each step in this journey. He provides the means, you find the way. Thank you for sharing this wonderful event with us.
".....I have the strength for everything through him who empowers me....." Phillipians 4:13

Carol M said...

Congratulations on completing your jump through hoop # 8! It won't be long before you are holding your sweet little baby in your arms. What a blessing for you and Bryan and what a blessing for the little one God has chosen for you. Dad and I are so excited!

Anonymous said...

Very exciting Betsy! Each step is an exciting one! Cannot wait to meet your baby. Hugs and Love, Jamie