Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Kyrgyzstan Embassy Issues

The Kyrgyzstan Embassy in Washington DC recently announced that they will not be processing any new adoption dossiers for several weeks. The Ministry of Education (who manages & regulates Kyrgyzstan adoptions) is in town doing a full inspection and review of all Embassy processes.

Our agency has assured us that this is a temporary situation and that things should be back in motion in several weeks, although some of our dossier requirements could change slightly. We've been encouraged to still send Paper Baby on his way to California for translation, which could take 10 business days. Hopefully the Embassy will be ready to process our dossier when the translation is complete.

I have to admit I had a moment of panic when I first heard about the issues at the Embassy. It's easy to second-guess yourself in International Adoption, where you have little or no control over the majority of the process. Sitting at the computer hyperventilating didn't seem like the best option so I called our agency to get more information and felt much better as a result. I realize that there is nothing I can do to affect the decisions of the Embassy and that my worrying is probably the least productive thing I can do in that situation. Most of all, I realize that our journey to adopt a precious baby from Kyrgyzstan is already scripted. God knew about this delay long before we did, so I just have to trust that He will work all things together for good!

I'd appreciate your prayers for a quick resolution to the issues at the Embassy, and especially for the adoptive families whose dossiers are currently sitting in that Embassy waiting to be processed or in mid-process.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bets,
I just stopped by to check in on your blog. I will be praying so much for this issue - my prayer is through this evaluation they will find an even more efficent way to get the adoptions processed! Love you and you are absolutely right, God has it all worked out perfectly - I have to remind myself that often with my pregnancy - He is in perfect control of our future babies. Love, jamie

GHosT said...

Well it's too bad that the embassy will delay things, but it all turns out alright in the end ;)

Hilary Marquis said...

You're absolutely right. God already has your child picked out for you. He will bring you together in His perfect timing! Your attitude and faith will help you greatly in this rollercoaster journey ;) Best wishes.

Hilary

Maria said...

Betsy -- You have taken the words out of my mouth. God is already there. He has both our children picked out for us and has since the beginning of time. He will take care of this and our job is to be patient (HARD) and wait for His timing. Isn't it hard some days? I'll hope that this resolves soon!