I think we have a new timeline in place for getting our paperwork completed. We are meeting with our social worker on Thursday during Bryan's lunch break to talk for 30 minutes or so. Apparently this will fulfill all the requirements for our home study! Our social worker said she will not need to do very much modification to the home study after that, so hopefully I will have all the papers in-hand by the middle of the following week.
I still have the road-trip to Austin ahead of me to go visit our good friend, Mr. Secretary of State. We have to get the Secretary of State to certify every page of our dossier, aka Paper Baby. After that Paper Baby will be making a big big road trip on an overnight FedEx voyage to our adoption agency in California! That's when the translating and further processing in Washington DC will start (which I have mentioned in previous posts).
I have days where I think all of this is going so smoothly and it will be finished in no time. I have other days (like yesterday!) where it feels like there is no progress or light at the end of the tunnel. Yesterday was a rough day - long week at work, rainy weather, tired, driving back from an away-week in Houston.... and on top of that I open a root beer in my car while driving and it explodes all over me. The car is wet, the steering wheel, my new shirt, my jeans... yuck. And of course I only had 1 napkin in my glove box so clean up was minimal! I made it home 2.5 hours later a sticky mess!
Lesson learned (from both adoption and evil root beer): Expect the unexpected. Things will not always go as planned. And always have more than one napkin in your glove box.




No comments:
Post a Comment