Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Here We Go Again

Well we finally got some news on Tuesday after a month of the Kyrgyzstan Embassy in DC being closed and little to no updates on what was happening. We received a list of additional documents that will be required as part of our dossier. None of them are too challenging to obtain although it will require another trip to Austin to get everything state certified. Upon hearing this news Paper Baby exclaimed, "Rooooooooaaaaaaaaaadddddddd Triiiiiiiiiiip!!!!!!!!!". Silly baby!
Most of the documents are just simple letters or statements that we will have to sign, notarize and certify... nothing too daunting and nothing I'm not willing to do for Paper Baby. We also have to get an FBI Clearance letter which is why we did the fingerprints at our local police department a few weeks ago (the thumb obesity incident). Our agency coordinator had the foresight to tell us to go ahead and begin this 3-4 week process with the FBI, so hopefully we will have our results from them sooner rather than later since we submitted our request before it became an official Kyrgyzstan requirement.
I was pretty nervous the day I was expecting our agency e-mail and checked my inbox every 5 minutes... no exaggeration. I wasn't anxious about having to do more paperwork or jump through more hoops. Nothing could be further from the truth! I feel like I'm a long way off from reaching my breaking point on preparation. I'm willing to do this and a lot more for Paper Baby. I was more anxious just to KNOW what was required of us... Would it be difficult? Time consuming? Would I have to wait on my glorious government?
Regardless, all of these changes indicate progress for Kyrgyzstan. Any change is a good one at this point, because it means that things are back in motion again. The happiest change of all is that Maria over at Introverted Extrovert got her referral for a precious baby girl yesterday! YIPPEEE for Maria & her family! Please pray for their journey as they will be traveling to Kyrgyzstan soon to meet their daughter.
I feel so relieved to know that Kyrgyzstan is committed to adoption and feel confident that we will bring a baby home from Kyrygzstan according to God's master plan.

2 comments:

Monica said...

I'm not with your same agency and still in that dark place of wondering what ELSE will they want included in our dossier? My agency hasn't filled us in yet. Wondering if you could email me and tell me some details just as a headsup?
Thx,
Monica 1216 @ yahoo.com

Maria said...

Haven't heard of any new requirements yet from my agency, but will ask today when I talk to them -- just in case. THANK YOU for the shout out and comment about our little peanut!! We are so excited (and tired already) and CANNOT WAIT to see your good news of a referral of a little one!