Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Walking Mailman or Mailwoman or Mailperson... whatever


How long should it take for a letter to travel via regular mail from West Virginia to Texas?

Apparently the answer is "more than 4 days" because we're still waiting on the FBI Clearance letters to show up. The FBI may be faster than a speeding bullet, but the US Postal Service is not. I think they must have someone walking on foot carrying those FBI forms to our mailbox.

Once we receive the FBI letters we'll have our dossier complete except for ONE FORM! All we will be lacking is our I-171H from USCIS. We've heard everything from 4 weeks to 12 weeks for processing from fingerprint time (which for us was May 10). I'm praying we get that form in the mail sooner rather than later and then we'll be set to go!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Ok, it's mine turn to wish good wishes, quick wishes on that I171H!!!

Maria said...

Oops, "MY TURN" not mine turn. :-)

janiece said...

Oh I know. It once took me 7 days to get a letter from Kansas to Wisconsin. The mail system can drive you crazy!
Good luck--I hope it arrives soon!