Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

This Blogging Thing Really Works

I am feeling pretty powerful right now. When I checked the mail today it became very clear that USCIS is in fact reading our blog, and that they are also afraid of me. Why do I say this? Because we got our fingerprint appointments in the mail today! YAY YAY YAY!
They scheduled us for May 16th in San Antonio which doesn't really work since I have to be in Houston and Bryan has to be at school... BUT I hear that you can do a walk-in appointment on Saturdays. By pure chance Bryan has this Saturday off from Med School so hopefully we can make a round-trip to San Antonio for some fingerprint fun! I'm not sure if you can do your fingerprints before your scheduled appointment date so I'll probably have to call the USCIS 1-800-BLACK-HOLE-OF-NOTHINGNESS help # and see if I can get an answer.
I'm also impressed because they scheduled our fingerprint appointment so fast. The San Antonio office has a reputation for being slower than Dallas, Houston, and molasses so I had low expectations and tried to encourage them to act swiftly thru my first trash-talk post. When I opened the 2 envelopes today I expected it to be a notice that they received our documents, but Sweet Jesus it was an I-797C Notice of Action telling us to hit the road to San Antonio! I don't know about you but I think "Notice of Action" sounds pretty intense.
So moral of the story: if you are in need of progress on a government issue, just put your game face on and talk some trash on your blog. If you aren't brave enough, just leave me a comment and I'll do the trash talking for you. I have a proven track record on these things now :)

2 comments:

Maria said...

Maybe you could let the Memphis CIS know to send our I171H. We were told 8 weeks from fingerprinting. Friday is exactly 8 weeks. It didn't come today. ARGH!!

Rachel said...

Whatever works, girl, whatever works!