Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 29, 2008

What A Relief! ;)

Good news, everyone! I received my FBI Clearance Letter in the mail on Tuesday and I am pleased to announce that I do not have a criminal record according to the FBI. What a huge relief!!! Not much else is going on... just waiting on that darned I-171H and praying we continue to move up the waiting list with our agency.
There are several families who are in Bishkek now to meet their children for the first time. It is such a blessing to read about their journies and to see pictures of their new family members. I've been really encouraged by their experiences and can't wait for us to be in their place, hopefully sooner rather than later! The latest debate in my head is whether or not our child has been born. I don't have a gut feeling at this point but I do continue to have very vivid dreams of our child's face and of being in one of the baby houses. I might need to develop some new hobbies so my mind will stop going 90 mph all the time in Bishkek-baby mode!
We'd love it if our traveling corresponded with breaks in Bryan's med school schedule. I'm such a planner and wish I could make it all happen just how I'd like. Hopefully God will get the memo and orchestrate everything together!

3 comments:

Monica said...

Yay!!! So glad to read that you're not a criminal and you have proof in hand!
:)

Maria said...

Keep praying and asking God for what you specifically want. He has been so good to us in answering EVERY prayer about this adoption. We have had some bumps in the road, but they have only served to make our faith in Him stonger and we have found, while here in KG, that it is something we truly needed to have stron faith for. Get lots of rest while you wait and be as prepared for travel as possible -- it's hard. It's a time you'll never forget, though, and spending time with YOUR little one will change your life. Congrats on getting your FBI clearance. I KNEW you weren't a criminal -- you're too sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Phewwwww! Betsy I was really worried what the FBI would come up with! We are excited about your progress, and I know you are a planner like me and it is hard but you know in your heart (as I always do when I am anticipating) that God's timing will be more perfect than you could ever imagine! Love you bunches, j